GSCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Georgia Strength Coaches Association

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cross fit Training Log

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
J Rogers

Cross fit Training Log Empty
PostSubject: Cross fit Training Log   Cross fit Training Log I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:10 pm

I Coach with Jay and about two weeks ago I started doing the crossfit program from their web-site. It is program that is designed to improve overall fitness. Jay wanted me to post my WOD (workout of the day) and my results here. If anyone else is currently on this program please feel free to jump in a post your results as well.

2-9 WOD
"Cindy"
as many rounds in 20 mins of:
5 Pullups
10 Pushups
15 Squats

15 Rounds

Last edited by J Rogers on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
coachfloyd

PostSubject: Re: Cross fit Training Log   Cross fit Training Log I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:20 pm

Now everybody can see the craziness that is Crossfit.
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

PostSubject: Re: Cross fit Training Log   Cross fit Training Log I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:22 pm

I cant see myself ever doing that workout. Too lazy.
Back to top Go down
coachfloyd

PostSubject: Re: Cross fit Training Log   Cross fit Training Log I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:25 pm

thats what I say. Justin made a good point today though. His goals are different than ours. We would still like to squat a grand and he wants to be in good shape(really good shape!). Crossfit combines every training modality and puts it into one program. It does this at the expense of each training modality but when fitness is the goal, that is entirely acceptable. I still labor under the false notion that I will compete again one day.
Back to top Go down
KB

PostSubject: Re: Cross fit Training Log   Cross fit Training Log I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:45 pm

I also teach with Jay and just started crossfit. I completed 17 rounds in the "Cindy" workout Coach Rogers described. In all fairness to him he did the workout before me and told me how many rounds he completed. This program has caused us to really push our limits. I have started using some of it with the track team and my classes. The energy it gives you is unreal!
Back to top Go down
nhelterbrand
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cross fit Training Log   Cross fit Training Log I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:57 pm

Does crossfit have any repititon or progressive overload? I have read a couple articles on crossfit, but to me it just seems like someone put every exercise in a magic 8 ball and then shook it. It doesnt seem like it has any steps or depth.

Is the goal of crossfit just to workout and try to look good without thinking about it?
Back to top Go down
http://northcobbwrestling.com
coachfloyd

PostSubject: Re: Cross fit Training Log   Cross fit Training Log I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:55 am

Nate,
Your perception is about right. It is for fitness. I am sure that there is a rhyme and reason for the days but they do not tell you that up front. I do know they combine just about every training modality and for general fitness it is pretty dang good. I wouldn't use it for sports unless for a short period of time to recover or increase work capacity. There are things you can take from it however and use in a sports setting. That is the fun part of being a strength coach. You can pick and choose from different programs and make it your own.
Back to top Go down
J Rogers

PostSubject: WOD 2-10   Cross fit Training Log I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:51 am

WOD for yesterday

Warm up (Standard warm-up is 3 sets of ten consisting of pull-ups,dips,squats,sit-ups,back extensions.)

1x1x1x1x1x1 Deadlift

225/275/280/285/290/290/290

Now do not make fun of the numbers we all can't be power lifters such as Mr Fancy Pants Floyd.
Back to top Go down
coachfloyd

PostSubject: Re: Cross fit Training Log   Cross fit Training Log I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 1:15 pm

If you read my log you will see that I have said the exact same thing
Back to top Go down
KB

PostSubject: Re: Cross fit Training Log   Cross fit Training Log I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:08 pm

My deadlift workout numbers were:

185/225/230 (F)/205/205/205/225
Keep in mind I am a female

I had problems with the bar slipping out of my hands so on the last lift I changed my grip. This made things much better, but I did not feel like I got a quality workout. Soon after I went back in the weightroom and lifted 205/225 then 235. After this I felt like I had a worthwhile workout.
Back to top Go down
J Rogers

PostSubject: WOD 2-11   Cross fit Training Log I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:13 am

WOD

Standard Warm up

For Time:
45 Double Unders
45 Squat Cleans (95)
45 Dips
45 Double Unders

18 min

I was unable to complete all the double unders, which is when you jump rope you have the rope go under your feet twice on one jump, so I did single jumps as fast as possible for more revolutions.

Today is a Rest Day. Thank God
Back to top Go down
J Rogers

PostSubject: WOD 2-13   Cross fit Training Log I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 4:40 pm

WOD 2-13

"Fran"
for time complete 21-15-9 of:
95lb Thrusters
pull-ups

15:25
I almost puked on this one that is why the time is higher than I wanted. Should not have ate so much at lunch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cross fit Training Log   Cross fit Training Log I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cross fit Training Log
Page 1 of 1