GSCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Georgia Strength Coaches Association

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Conditioning Tests

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Coach Diesel

Conditioning Tests Empty
PostSubject: Conditioning Tests   Conditioning Tests I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:51 am

I am interesting in doing a Conditioning Test at the end of the summer with my team before we hit the fall practices. I would like to know other peoples opinions if you do one. Even if you dont what are some of the reason(s) why. If you do what kind of conditioning tests do you do? As for myself, I played college football, I am accustomed to running the 110's test.
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

Conditioning Tests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conditioning Tests   Conditioning Tests I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:39 am

We did the 300yd shuttle in college, it pretty much sucked. I do not do a test at the end of the summer because I feel like I am testing them a couple of times a week. We do different shuttles and tempo runs through out the week and I feel like I get a pretty good idea on where we are from these. I think a lot of college guys do it because they do not have all of their kids with them over the summer, although the present trend is to bring kids in earlier and earlier every year. Most of my D1 kids over the last couple of years have been asked to show up as early as now and enroll in summer school so they can train all summer on campus. I always stayed at school over the summer to train with my strength coach on campus because there was no doubt I would get more out of it. Good topic for discussion.
Back to top Go down

Conditioning Tests
Page 1 of 1