GSCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Georgia Strength Coaches Association

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

School Age Nationals

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

School Age Nationals Empty
PostSubject: School Age Nationals   School Age Nationals I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:11 am

School age nationals was hosted by Team GA this past weekend in Gainesville. CJ Stockell and Stan Luttrell did an amazing job running this meet, I thought it went great. Most of my kids lifted well, a few struggled, just didnt seem to be their day. I am not sure what I could have done differently for those guys, I guess I need some more time to reflect on it. Anyway, some of my kids who had outstanding meets were:
Jarae Savage Bronze medalist in the 16-17 aged 58 kilo class, she hit some big PR's to move up into a medal. She beat 3 or 4 kids who were ranked ahead of her.
Lauren Brooks, 4th place in the 14-15 aged 63 kilo class. Lauren hit a couple of PR's and one of the prettiest snatches I saw all weekend.
Joe Lambert, 4th place in the 16-17 aged 105+ kilo class. Joe really got screwed out of a bronze medal, but what can you do. A kid hit a huge c and j on his last attempt to tie Joe and win on bodyweight, but the jerk was clearly a press out. Again, what can you do?
Sandy Almon, I think she ended up 5th, still waiting on the official results to be posted. She hit some nice PR's in the 16-17 75+ kilo class even after missing her first snatch.
Stephan Stanfill finished 10th in a very tough 16-17 62 kilo class hittting PR's in both lifts and of course total. I got a lot of compliments about his jerk. Anyway, I am really proud of all my kids, first year they have competed in o lifting and we brought home some hardware at the state championships and a bronze at nationals. Any of you guys out there who have been thinking about starting a team, do it. I have had a blast doing it and CJ and Stan will do whatever they can to help you guys out. I will as well, I just dont know how much help I can be.
Back to top Go down

School Age Nationals
Page 1 of 1