GSCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Georgia Strength Coaches Association

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Curious About Warm Ups

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CH_strength_coach

Curious About Warm Ups Empty
PostSubject: Curious About Warm Ups   Curious About Warm Ups I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:04 pm

Just curious what you guys think/do when it comes to warming up kids for a workout. Do you all use a general warm up or have specific warm ups for different training sessions?
Back to top Go down
coachfloyd

PostSubject: Re: Curious About Warm Ups   Curious About Warm Ups I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:53 am

Our warmup differs depending on what we are doing that day.

Strength Session-Takes about 4-5 minutes
1. Jumping Jacks
2. Seal Jumps
3. Flings
4. Quick Pogos
5. HIgh Pogos
6. Gate Swings
7. Leg Swings
8. Groiners
9. 10 Overhead squats with unloaded bar

SAC-All for 15 yards
1. Form Skip x 2
2. Walking Knee Hugs x 1
3. Walking Hip Cradle x 1
4. Running Butt Kick x 2
5. Backwards Hurdle x 2
6. Side Shuffle dropping the hips to touch each line-30-40 yards x 2
7. Frankensteins x 2

This warmup changes each day. I may change the order or add exercises. But this is at the core of what we do.
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

PostSubject: Re: Curious About Warm Ups   Curious About Warm Ups I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 11:36 pm

Having upwards of 80 every period, I feel very limited in what I can do with my kids in regards to a warm up. We have room between each row of racks to do a warm up similar to Jays SAQ warm up. I try to mix up the exercises, but there is only so much you can do. I will take my competitive lifters at least once a week and do some barbell complexes for the snatch and clean and jerk. I would love to have the ability(space, equipment and numbers) to mix it up a little more and more importantly do things more specific to what they will be doing that day in the weight room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curious About Warm Ups   Curious About Warm Ups I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Curious About Warm Ups
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GSCA :: Georgia Strength Coaches Asso. Forum :: Strength and Conditioning-
Jump to: