GSCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Georgia Strength Coaches Association

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which type is better?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nhelterbrand
Admin

Which type is better? Empty
PostSubject: Which type is better?   Which type is better? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:19 am

I have noticed that most of our members are strength coaches and that you have probably expreienced many different body transformations from students over their high school years.

What body type seems to have an easiest time building muscle?
Back to top Go down
http://northcobbwrestling.com
coachfloyd

PostSubject: Re: Which type is better?   Which type is better? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:23 pm

That is a tough question. I would say the body type that really eats like they want to gain weight. Eating is the biggest problem. Many kids think they eat a lot. They really dont. Whenever they tell me they cant gain weight I ask them the following questions.
Me:Eat more food
Them: I eat all the time and still cant gain weight.
Me:What did you have for breakfast?
Them:Nothing, but last week I ate 4 double cheeseburgers at mcdonalds.

You will gain weight if you consistently eat more calories than you burn. That means eating all day every day.

Probably though to better answer your question, it is the big skill body types in football. LB's, FB's, TE's, etc. I don't know why but that has been my experience.
Back to top Go down
CH_strength_coach

PostSubject: Re: Which type is better?   Which type is better? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 10:20 pm

I think it also depends on the body type of the kid... ectomorph, endomorph, or mesomorph. Nutrition is the biggest struggle I have with my kids. Most of them just do not have the resources to eat properly and are coming into the weight room on an empty stomach where I'm asking them to train at a high intensity for 60 minutes... they just don't have any fuel in the furnace. Not a day goes by that I don't get on a soap box about eating.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which type is better?   Which type is better? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which type is better?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GSCA :: Georgia Strength Coaches Asso. Forum :: Strength and Conditioning-
Jump to: