GSCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Georgia Strength Coaches Association

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Please Pray for My Son

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
coachfloyd

Please Pray for My Son Empty
PostSubject: Please Pray for My Son   Please Pray for My Son I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:10 am

My wife is pregnant with twins and we discovered a problem yesterday. My daughter is perfect, but my son has what is called an encephalocele. It is caused by an incomplete closure of the skull. When this happens, cerebrospinal fluid leaks out and causes a sac to form above the hole. Thank God, his hole is very small(3mm) and no brain or neural tissue is outside of his head. Other than the hole, he is perfectly normal. The doctor said that with this condition there are sometimes when other genetic conditions are present. He said that he looks perfectly normal everywhere else so he doesn't believe that to be the case. As long as he doesn't accrue any swelling secondary to the hole then he should have a good chance to live a perfectly normal life. He will have to have surgery after he is born to close the hole, but if the condition doesn't get any worse (the hole can't get bigger), it will be only a little more than cosmetic surgery. I am praying for a complete healing because I know God still works miracles. Please pray for my son, Bobby. I believe that God is going to use this for His glory and that he has something special in store for Bobby and my family. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for My Son   Please Pray for My Son I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:22 pm

We will definitely be praying for you my brother.

The Livingstons
Clay, Sherri, Kenzie, Rylie and Drew
Back to top Go down
coachfloyd

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for My Son   Please Pray for My Son I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:15 am

We received good news last week. My son's defect was classified as a meningocele which is not near as serious as an encephalocele. The neurosurgeon said that he should be able to repair it with no long term effects for him. He said that he might not be able to play Mike Linebacker but that is fine. He can kick if he wants. Thanks for everyone who prayed for him. And thank God for taking care of him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for My Son   Please Pray for My Son I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please Pray for My Son
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GSCA :: Georgia Strength Coaches Asso. Forum :: Strength and Conditioning-
Jump to: