GSCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Georgia Strength Coaches Association

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Article discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

Article discussion Empty
PostSubject: Article discussion   Article discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:40 pm

I was wondering if anyone else enjoyed Jays new article as much as I did. I think there were some great points made. Jay and I attended the certification class together and one thing that kept coming up in discusion was the catching and controlling of the weight, the deceleration of the weight. We were put through the paces by Coach Stockell and if you have never performed the o lifts yourself, I highly recomend the club coach certification course. Even if you have been performing and/ or teaching them for years, you can learn so much from this course. I thought Travis made a good point in his article as well. I know organization is a problem for some. I also hear from people from time to time who are two, three weeks into a program and they are not seeing the results they were hoping for, so they are ready to scrap it and move on to something else. I am probably guilty of expecting too much immediate gratification at times and I have to remind myself that it doesn't happen over night for me or my kids.
Back to top Go down
Zach Reed

Article discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Article discussion   Article discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:16 am

Even with all the research to back up Olympic lifting there is another reason I enjoy them- the kids are active and gettin' after it. I can tell the energy level is amped up. You can't be lazy and do cleans. Don't get me wrong- the evidence is there for sports and athleticism, but I like them because of the amount of effort needed to perform them. I think Ken Mannie at Michigan State isn't big into Olympic lifting. He does a lot of HIT. That would be a good topic or article for the future. Does anybody else not like Olympic lifting and why?
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

Article discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Article discussion   Article discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:32 am

Good point Zach I think Coach Livingstone also mentioned in his interview how the kids loved the violent movements. We did the pressing snatch balance last week, most of the kids used a piece of pvc and they were into it. They were asking all kinds of questions and really putting forth some great effort
Back to top Go down
coachfloyd

Article discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Article discussion   Article discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:09 pm

Speaking of HIT. I can't believe anybody would even think to use it exclusively anymore. It has value short term for muscle gains and some strength, but you cannot use it exclusively for extreme increases in strength and explosiveness. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Article discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Article discussion   Article discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Article discussion
Page 1 of 1