GSCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Georgia Strength Coaches Association

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Training Log

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

Training Log - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Log   Training Log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:55 pm

ME Upper, Incline BP worked up to 315 X 3, then 305 X 3 X 3 X 3. I figured a 345 1RM from the 315 X 3, then took 90% and did 3 X 3. Bent over rows with 185, 4 X 12. Supersetted some tricep pushdowns and DB curls.
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

PostSubject: Re: Training Log   Training Log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:51 pm

Finally got a quick one in Friday afternoon. It was a long week dealing with the sudden death of T and the stomach virus that slowly made its way through my 3 girls, wife and myself. Anyway, did some DB presses with 70's 4 X 25, supersetted some CSR's and tricep pushdowns and got out of there and went home and played with my kids until we couldnt see outside anymore.
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

PostSubject: Re: Training Log   Training Log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:53 pm

Grip 2 BP with fat bar, worked up to 325 X 5, 345 X 3, 365 X 1, 385 X 1. Felt pretty good, thought about 395 or 400 but felt like ending on a good note. Went back down to 345 X 4 X 3 to get 12 reps at 90 % or higher of 385. Barely had enough time to superset some bent over rows, double underhand with the fat bar and some DB shrugs.
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

PostSubject: Re: Training Log   Training Log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:08 pm

Upper circuit X 4 Db presses with 80's X 20 X 20 X 20 X 25, DB Jm presses, One arm rows with 90, BB reverse curls with 65lbs. Did about 20 each set on the DB presses, 15 on everything else
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

PostSubject: Re: Training Log   Training Log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 12:26 pm

My dad is doing very well, thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. He may be home later today or early tomorrow. So things are somewhat back to normal. upper circuit, push-ups, underhand rows with fat bar, military press with fat bar, and band rows, neutral grip X 4. I did about 30 push ups each set, 15 rows with 115, 12 presses with the same and 15 rows with a green. It felt good to be back on a normal schedule, somewhat anyway. 2 presses and 2 pulls was enough for me.
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

PostSubject: Re: Training Log   Training Log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:06 pm

upper circuit, push ups, dips, tricep pushdowns and some bent over rows X 4. killed the triceps with close grip push-ups, worked up to about 30 each set, dips, 10 - 12 each set, pushdowns with a green, @ 12-15 each set, bent over rows to balance out some of the pushing. I just grabbed whatever the kids had on the bar on the platforms. Mostly something around 185 for sets of 12 - 15
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

PostSubject: Re: Training Log   Training Log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 3:28 am

Still plugging along, striving to attain a little bit less of a mediocre bench press. Fat bar press 315 X 5, 335 X 3 X 3. super setted some fat bar rows, tricep pushdowns with a blue and hammer curls with 30's, did around 12 - 15 reps on each X 4
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

PostSubject: Re: Training Log   Training Log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:13 pm

upper circuit X 4. DB presses with 80's for @ 20 each set, pendlay rows with 135 for 15 each set, tricep pushdowns for @ 20 each set and zottman curls with 30's for @ 20 each set. Not much exciting to talk about, so I wont.
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

PostSubject: Re: Training Log   Training Log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:30 pm

Thought I would change my avatar and username while I was sitting here waiting on an email that was supposed to be here a hour ago. I have nothing from my new school yet to use as an avatar, so I threw up one of the first pics i saw in my pictures. Rappelling in Obed TN. Good times. Oh yeah, dont say you are going to do something and then not do it. You know, like promise someone you will get some info to them in a timely manner and then not do it.

Is it still a rant if no one reads it?
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

PostSubject: Re: Training Log   Training Log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 10:36 pm

did not have anybody to lift off to me, so decided to do circuit X 4. push ups, band rows with a blue, JM presses with 45's, hammer curls with 30's, and Db shrugs with 90's. Did about 30 to 35 on push-ups and 15 to 20 on everything else. I am not sure I like my avatar, why is it called an avatar anyway?
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

PostSubject: Re: Training Log   Training Log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:48 am

I need to find someone who can lift off for me at my new school, anyway, did a little circuit X 4. Push-ups 30 to 35 each set, pendlay rows @ 15 each set, tricep pushdowns with a green, 15 each set and zottman curls with 30's, @ 12 each set. I need a partner.
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

PostSubject: Re: Training Log   Training Log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:30 am

Had a nice vacation last week at Myrtle Beach. It is time to get back to doing something. Once I get moved up to Summerville, I am going to re-evaluate what I am doing with my strength training. Until then, still piddling. Upper body circuit X 4. DB push-ups, band rows with a blue, tricep pushdowns with a green, zottman curls with 30's. Did 30 to 35 push ups, 12 to 15 on everything else.
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

PostSubject: Re: Training Log   Training Log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:00 am

Last Wednesday, did Grip 2 soft touch BP, worked up to 275 X 5 X 5. I had nobody to lift off to me, which was fine considering how heavy 275 felt. Anyway, supersetted some Pendlay rows with 135, tricep pushdowns with a green band and some DB shrugs, all for around 12 to 15 reps X 3.
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

PostSubject: Re: Training Log   Training Log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 10:21 pm

Actually had someone to lift off to me, too bad I ran out of time. Still got 3 X 5 with 315 done and supersetted some seated DB miltaries and JM presses with 50's and some band rows with a blue X 3, 15 or so reps on each.
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

PostSubject: Re: Training Log   Training Log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 12:36 am

Well, been without internet for a week. We got moved to Summerville, I like this place a lot. Anyway, got a little bit in yesterday, push ups, pendlay rows, tricep pushdowns with a green and BB reverse curls X 4. @ 30 push ups, 12 to 15 on everything else. The guy I am renting from has a private gym he gave me a key to, I think I am going to start doing my circuits there and add in some cardio. I am way too fat to be so weak. I didnt mind being fat and strong, but this is getting out of hand. I am not going to make many changes to my diet, love food too much, might as well try to add in some cardio and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

PostSubject: Re: Training Log   Training Log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:31 pm

Still piddling, Db presses with 70's(biggest I got), standing DB military press and JM presses with 50's, band rows with a green X 4. Did around 25 each set on DB presses, 10 to 15 on everything else.
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

PostSubject: Re: Training Log   Training Log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:42 am

got in a quick one, DB push-ups, standing DB militaries with 50's, bent over row with 50 lb DB's, seated tricep pushdowns with a purple band X 3. 30 to 35 push-ups, 15 to 20 on everything else.
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

PostSubject: Re: Training Log   Training Log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:41 pm

Well, due to a mass of e-mails and calls about where I have been, actually one e-mail and one phone call, I am here to give a status report on my training. My training right now is non existent. I have done absolutely nothing lately and am loving it. I am fatter right now than I have ever been at any stage in my life, and I gotta say, it feels pretty good. Now I know that I need to get back to doing something, but I have no idea right now what it is going to be. I know what I probably should do, but the thought of that makes me want to hang myself. Anyway, until next time, here's to living the American Dream of fear and consumption. Since I am not yet afraid enough of where my health is headed, I guess I will just work on the consumption part of it right now.
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

PostSubject: Re: Training Log   Training Log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:10 pm

Okay, here is my long awaited update. I have been piddling with O lifts. Just trying to stay somewhat sharp with my own form makes me feel better teaching them. We are on a hybrid schedule. M, T and TH we are on 7 periods, about 50 minutes a period. We squat on Mondays with 2 auxillaries, BP on Tuesday with 2 auxillaries and Thursday is total, usually clean pulls, push-ups and fat man rows. Wednesday and Friday we are on block. Wednesday we have a flex period first, about a 1/4 of the student body shows up for this for clubs, advisement or tutoring. Then I have 2nd period for an hour and 1/2, a 2 and 1/2 hour break and then 6th period. On fridays I have 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th on block scheduling. I am teaching the o lifts on these days. This has been working out very well. I also started back with some circuit training last week. I plan on going M and TH, doing an upper circuit X 4 and also doing a lap on the track in between each circuit.
Back to top Go down
ClayCHS

ClayCHS

PostSubject: Re: Training Log   Training Log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:00 am

Been doing an upper circuit M and Th. Push ups one day and DB press the other. I usually do a pull, and some tricep and shoulder work in there as well. Boring stuff. I have also started to get on the exercise bike a couple of times a week. Really boring, no, it pretty much sux. I am also still piddling with snatches and c and j's. I just cant hardly squat anymore, I am having some issues with my knee like never before and none of my braces seem to help much anymore. So I do some power snatches and cleans and do a lot of jerks off of the boxes. Those are actually pretty fun. Anyway, thought I would post this nonsense for the heck of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training Log   Training Log - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training Log
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6